Melbourne Cup Game
The Melbourne Cup Game
Firstly, all you need is the Melbourne Cup Final Field and (if required) a Form Guide.
The Game is so easy to play that some may opt out of this option and “ride for luck”)
The VRC 2016 Emirates Melbourne Cup Game
THE MELBOURNE CUP GAME:
HOW IT WORKS
The Game comprises a series of seven multiple choice questions that relate to the history of the Melbourne Cup. Simplicity is a key feature of the Game so as to engage with the focus on horse-racing which spikes at a mind-blowing level at Cup time.
In order to maximise this National (and International) spike, the Game has been structured to provide an affordable, fun and potentially very lucrative way to be involved in the Cup.
In addition, the Game enables players to learn much more about the race (the FORM FOCUS Melbourne Cup App will come FREE), its rich heritage and to also become involved with the Cup in a different way from simply being in a sweep or having fifty-cents each-way.
The finance structure of the Game is proposed as follows:
- $5 per single entry via the dedicated website with online payment options (multiple entries are permitted)
- $1 of each entry is donated to a VRC designated charity
- It is proposed to seed the Game fund with an initial $250,000 via VRC and
- With an estimated 15-16 million people Nationwide either placing a bet or being involved in a Cup sweep, it is estimated that with a properly executed marketing and promotional campaign, the initial take-up on the Game should be in the vicinity of 5-7 million individual entries
- At $5 per single entry, the total pool would be between $25 and $35 million
- Business administration expenses would receive 10% of the Pool
It is understood that significant investment is required to construct a suitably secure and functional website for The Melbourne Cup Game to be activated successfully in 2016. It is proposed to approach a corporate agency (such as CrownBet) to scope the design and structure of the project and to potentially manage the marketing and promotion of the Game.